What are the benefits of BRAND’S® ActivMove?
BRAND’S® ActivMove provides key joint nutrients to supply, protect and maintain your joint health. BRAND’S® ActivMove contains Flexi Boost® formulation, with its principal ingredient, of UCII and Hydrolyzed Type II Collagen. UC-II® has proven efficacies to alleviate pain, improve mobility and the quality of life in individuals with osteoarthritis (Crowley et al, 2009) and rheumatoid arthritis (Trentham et al 1993; Bagchi et al, 2002). BRAND’S® ActivMove is a total solution to joint maintenance and protection.
What is rheumatoid arthritis and what is osteoarthritis?
Rheumatoid Arthritis is an auto-immune disease, where the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues, leading to inflammation and destruction of bone and cartilage. It commonly affects wrists, fingers, feet and ankles. Symptoms include morning stiffness, warm and stiff joints and even deformed joints. It can be mild or severe, affecting one or more joints. Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis and it is caused by the breakdown and eventual loss of the cartilage. Our joints act as shock absorbers and are unable to function properly if the cartilage is wearing away. Cartilage is a substance that serves as a cushion between the bones of the joints. They play an important role in absorbing compression
forces and bearing the weight of the body.
What is cartilage and why is it important?
Cartilage is the major substance present in the joints. It is made up of collagen and a type of complex protein and sugar molecules called proteoglycans.
Cartilage serves as a cushion between the bones of the joints and provides strength and flexibility to the joints. Worn-out cartilage can cause pain, swelling and inflammation thereby limiting one’s movements and quality of life. (It is the major factor leading to osteoarthritis.)
How can BRAND’S® ActivMove help protect my joints?
BRAND’S® ActivMove contains ingredients to fulfill your body’s needs in fundamental areas of joint health and maintenance. It contains UC-II®, which reduces inflammation and degeneration of collagen in the joint cartilage, thereby reducing further degeneration. Type II Hydrolyzed Collagen provides joint nutrients or building materials essential for the formation of cartilage. It also contains antioxidant Vitamin C that scavenges free radicals and helps protect your joints from further degeneration. UC-II BRAND’S® ActivMove is clinically proven to effect improvement in pain, stiffness, mobility and quality of life in individuals with osteoarthritis (Crowley et al, 2009) and rheumatoid arthritis (Trentham et al 1993; Bagchi et al, 2002). BRAND’S® ActivMove nourishes and protects your joints so that you can lead a dynamic and active life!
What is Flexi-Boost® formulation and how does it help protect my joints?
Flexi-Boost® formulation consists of 2 key ingredients, which are essential for promoting joint health:
UC-II® reduces inflammation and degeneration of collagen in the joint cartilage, thus protecting existing structures from further deterioration.
2. Hydrolyzed Type II Collagen
Hydrolyzed Type II Collagen provides a cocktail of joint nutrients to potentially regenerate joint cartilage. Type II collagen is the most abundant collagen present in the cartilage in joints, it is a preeminent constituent to healthy cartilage, connective tissues and bone. It helps reduce physical signs and symptoms of damaged cells and tissues by promoting their reconstruction.
What is the role of vitamin C in this product in joint health?
Vitamin C is a water soluble antioxidant, which scavenges free radicals that can degrade cartilage structures and helps reduce inflammation. It also supports the synthesis of collagen in joint cartilage.
Why do I need a joint health product?
Our joints are required for every single daily movement and they tend to weaken with age and become damaged from daily wear and tear. The complex synthesis of cartilage components and joint structures requires many raw materials. Any deficiency in key joint nutrients can lead to their poor formation and repair, which in turn hasten their degeneration.
Joint problems can be emotionally frustrating and depressing. Not only do they cause physical discomfort and pain, they also limit your activities and productivity. Healthy joints give us the freedom to do anything we want. It is imperative to take preventive measures so that you can continue to lead a dynamic and active lifestyle!
Is this product halal?
BRAND’S® ActivMove is not manufactured according to strict Halal procedures, but all the ingredients are non-pork based.
Has this new product been scientifically proven?
BRAND’S® ActivMove utilizes UC-II® and Hydrolyzed Type II Collagen that have been clinically tested for their efficacies in joint health maintenance and pain relief.
UC-II® has demonstrated ability to improve symptoms of osteoarthritis (Crowley et al, 2009) and rheumatoid arthritis (Trenthamet al 1993; Bagchi et al, 2002) in human subjects.
• A study on subjects with osteoarthritis of the knee showed that 40mg UC-II® is more than twice as effective as the combination of 1,500mg glucosamine hydrochloride and 1,200mg chondroitin sulfate in promoting joint comfort and mobility (Crowley et al, 2009).
Hydrolyzed Type II Collagen (containing chondroitin sulfate and hyaluronic acid)
Hydrolyzed Type II Collagen (containing chondroitin sulfate and hyaluronic acid) provides a cocktail of building blocks to support synthesis of new joint structures. It is made from the hydrolysis of chicken sternum cartilage
• A clinical study on 80 subjects with hip &/or knee osteoarthritis showed that 70-day intake of 2,000mg/day of hydrolyzed Type II Collagen (containing chondroitin sulfate and hyaluronic acid) resulted in significant improvement in pain and difficulty in performing various physical tasks, as compared to placebo (Schauss et al, 2012). 50mg Hydrolyzed Type II Collagen is used in the product.
Daily intake of BRAND’S® ActivMove supports joint flexibility and mobility, reduces pain and protects existing joint structure from further deterioration.
Who is suitable to consume this product?
This product is suitable for those:
- Who participate in regular rigorous physical activities and are at a higher risk of suffering from joint problems. (Wear and tear and physical exertion/ trauma can contribute to the development of osteoarthritis)
- Concerned about age-related joint discomfort and pain (Cartilage gets worn out and becomes thinner with age. Likewise, there is a decreased production of synovial fluid in the joints. )
- Who wants to alleviate symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- Who experience joint discomfort and pain as a result of being overweight. (Excessive body weight exerts more stress on weight-bearing joints and hence increases one’s vulnerability to osteoarthritis.)
- Who wants to be pro-active in maintaining peak joint performance. (Prevention is better than cure, this product is useful for healthy individuals who just want to protect their joints from deterioration.)
- Who is above 40 years old, suffering from osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
Are your products suitable for Vegetarians?
As this product contains collagen derived from chicken, it is not suitable for vegetarians.
What is the best time to consume the product?
The best time to consume this product is after meals for better absorption.
Can I take the tablets before meals?
Our recommendation is to take BRAND’S® ActivMove after meals.
What is the shelf life of your product?
Our products can be kept for two years in its original packaging if kept in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.